According to Obama healthcare is broken because we spend more for it than any other nation in the world. But education is broken because we are only spending investing more on it than any other nation in the world.
- Obama claims we need this new massive spending because the dropout rate had tripled over the last 30 years.
- Our 8th grade math scores have fallen to ninth place.
- And to set the goal of having the highest proportion of college graduates in the world by 2020.
But according the good people at Fact Check .org
- The high school dropout rate has fallen by 1/3 in the last 30 years–not increased.
- Our 8th grade math scores have risen to 9th from a low of 28th place in 1995 not dropped.
- And although it’s true we aren’t number one in bachelor’s degrees, we are number 2 behind Norway, and only a percentage point at that.
Finally, a president so committed to education he won’t let single fact get in the way.